- Megasealed is committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
Collection of information
- Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
- In particular, personal information is collected from people in the following situations by Megasealed:
- Megasealed Australia websites: This includes any website owned and operated by Megasealed Australia, such as megasealed.com.au and associated subdomains <franchise>.megasealed.com.au.
- Hardcopy Forms: This includes hard copy registration cards, franchisee lead capture forms, or competition entry forms that we collect from individuals via post, in-person, or via third parties.
- Franchisee Recruitment & Sales: This includes any personal information we collect from franchisee prospects through our franchise sales process, such as when you enquire about a franchise via email or over the phone and we receive an Expression of Interest (EOI). We may also receive information about individuals from third parties when we consider the eligibility of franchisee prospects as new owners of a franchise that is either for sale or re-sale.
- Megasealed Australia Human Resources: This includes any personal information we collect from you during the job application process, either in hard copy or soft copy formats, over the phone or in-person at a face-to-face interview.
- Social networking sites: This includes any personal information we may collect when you interact with third-party social networking features such as “Facebook Like”. These features may be integrated into our sites or applications. If you use these features, we may have the ability to obtain certain information about you.
- Data from third parties: Although Megasealed Australia generally only collects personal information directly from our franchisee owned and operated businesses, we may obtain personal information about you from other sources such as third-party data aggregators engaged to provide us with additional information about our franchisees’ existing customers or from third parties who we occasionally partner with to run specific campaigns or promotions.
- At or before the time the personal information is collected by us we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
6. We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected (eg. provision of our services, including administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you and technical maintenance). We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where it would reasonably be expected by you that we would use the information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information. Please note not all of the uses below will be relevant for each individual.
- General marketing communications – Megasealed may send you communications such as emails, SMS text messages, and postal mailings
- Targeted Communications – Based on your purchase history or purchase cycle, Megasealed may send you reminders or special offers specific to your customer profile and what they know about you. You can always opt-out from receiving marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each such communication, emailing email@example.com or by contacting Megasealed on 1300 658 007.
- Customer Service – Megasealed may collect and use your personal information to provide you with customer service, including responses to your inquiries, complaints, and general feedback about their products and services. Customer service may be provided through various forms of communication, including via email, letter, and telephone.
- Promotions and Competitions – Megasealed may collect and use your personal information for promotions, giveaways, competitions, or other similar marketing campaigns. These events typically require the collection and use of your personal information (for eligibility, prize fulfillment, etc.). To comply with legal requirements, Megasealed may publish a limited amount of information (such as name, company name, city of residence) about the winners of the particular promotion. For more information about their promotions, please see the specific terms and conditions applicable to each promotion.
- Website user submitted features – Megasealed may collect and use your personal information to give you access to upload files and artwork, other messages and content, as well as testimonials and product or customer service feedback. This typically involves the collection, use, and in some instances, public display of certain personal information.
7. In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety;
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
8. Our website may contain links to other websites and those third party websites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of websites that are linked to our website. Megasealed encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Access to and correction of personal information
- Megasealed is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, clients and web-site users.
- So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the National Privacy Principles, then we will give you access to that information.
- Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
- If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
- We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy legislation. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure then you may request that an independent person (usually the Commonwealth Privacy Officer) investigate your complaint.
Transfer of information overseas
15. Pursuant to the National Privacy Principles we may transfer personal information we have collected about you to someone other than you in a foreign country only if such transfer is permitted by the National Privacy Principles.
- Megasealed collects information from the site using “IP files”.
- When you visit the Megasealed site to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our websites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our websites.
- Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the National Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au.